Call (719) 475-9722 to place a To Go Order!
"The Taco King" has reigned supreme downtown since 1976, under the great care of the Aguilar family. It's often tough to find a seat in the small eatery during lunch hours, a testament to how great the Mexican standards are here. The avocado pork burrito wins the most awards, but you truly won't go wrong with anything on the menu." - CS Indy
Recent Comments from YELP
- We love eating here. It's a great place to have a late lunch during the week. My kids absolutely love their beans and rice. Same as everyone else, the Avocado Pork burrito smothered is the only way to go. For us, it's the best mexican food in Co Springs.
- Since I'm a New Mexican, I grew up with green chili in my blood. El Rey feeds my addiction perfectly now that I live here. And the lemonade is fabulous, too.
- Love this place!
- I'm from New Mexico but currently living in Georgia. I haven't had authentic Mexican food for a while. El Taco Rey definitely satisfied my cravings. Family owned and operated. The food is all handmade from scratch and the owner came out and spoke to us to personalize the experience. Definitely stop by here if you're in the area!
- My family and I eat there every chance we can. I am the only one who prefers the cheese enchiladas in red sauce to the avocado pork burrito. Honestly, the enchiladas are the best I have ever had. I grew up in California and it beats out every restaurant I ever liked out there. If the avocado pork isn't your style, definitely try the red sauce enchiladas. In my opinion, the spiciness is similar to the green chili but the cheesy saucy goodness is definitely worth trying.
- The best food, the best pricing and last but not least, the family and countless employees are always smiling, so you can never go wrong there...
Tags: avocado pork burrito · green chile · tacos · authentic mexican food · chile rellenos · tostados · tamales (TGBATG)